Delphi Murders: Killer Moved, Staged Bodies and May Have Taken a Keepsake, New Documents Reveal

The killer in the unsolved Delphi murders is believed to have moved and staged the victim’s bodies and took a souvenir from her 2017 murders, according to newly surfaced police documents.

Best friends Libby German, 14, and Abby Williams, 13, lost a lot of blood during their murders with an unspecified weapon and were not killed in the same place their bodies were discovered near a trail where they had gone on a fun together just a few hours before.

Shocking new details about the murders that have rocked the Delphi, Indiana community for more than five years have come to light in a search warrant obtained by The Murder Sheet podcast and shared with the independent.

The warrant, filed by an FBI agent investigating the slayings in 2017, was intended to conduct a search of Ronald Logan’s home.

Mr. Logan’s home was just 1,400 feet from where Libby and Abby’s bodies were discovered on Valentine’s Day 2017. He died in 2020 and the case remains unsolved to this day.

In the search warrant application, parts of which are redacted, the officer reveals that the killer would have been covered in the victims’ blood due to the “large amount of blood the victims lost at the crime scene.”

“Due to the nature of the victim’s injuries, it is almost certain that the perpetrator of the crime would have stained his person/clothes with blood,” the agent wrote.

Investigators never revealed how the girls died or released details about the crime scene.

For the first time, the warrant reveals that they were killed with some kind of weapon, but the word is redacted on the document.

Libby and Abby went missing on February 13, 2017 after taking a hike on the Monon High Bridge Trail in Delphi, Indiana.

Their bodies were discovered the next day in a wooded area half a mile from the road.

For more than five years, the families of the two girls have been searching for answers about what happened and who was responsible for their murders.

But no arrests have ever been made with various leads or promising theories that have come up over the years, just to cool off.

The day the girls went missing, Libby had posted photos on Snapchat of her and Abby walking down the trail.

The 14-year-old also captured grainy video on her phone of a man dressed in blue jeans, a jacket and a hoodie walking across the abandoned railway bridge.

Investigators released a still image from the video and chilling audio of the man telling the two girls to “go down the hill.”

Investigators have long suspected that this man is the girls’ killer and have praised the girls for documenting the video as evidence.

The man has never been identified. He is described as a white male between 16 and 40 years old, between 5’6” and 5’10” tall and weighing between 180 and 200 pounds.

This grainy image was taken with Libby’s phone on the road the day the girls went missing. Investigators believe the man is the killer.

The release of the search warrant comes just months after the Indiana State Police announced it was investigating a fake online profile called anthony_shots in connection with the case.

The profile was used from 2016 to 2017 on platforms including Snapchat and Instagram and used photos of a well-known male model, portraying him as extremely wealthy and the owner of numerous sports cars.

Investigators said the person behind the account posed as the model to trick underage girls into sending nude photos and their addresses to try to get them to meet.

The male model whose photos were used has been identified and is not a person of interest in the case, investigators said.

The creator of the fake online profile had already been identified as Kegan Anthony Kline, a 27-year-old man residing in Kokomo and Peru, near Delphi.

He was arrested on charges of child sexual abuse and child exploitation images linked to the account and admitted to cheating on underage girls online.

The affidavit states that the Indiana State Police and the FBI carried out a search warrant on February 25, 2017, less than two weeks after Abby and Libby’s murder, at Mr. Kline’s home in Peru after trace the user from anthony_shots’s profile back to the property.

Kline allegedly told investigators that he would use social media accounts to talk to underage girls and that he had exchanged messages with and received about 100 sexual photos and about 20 sexually explicit videos of about 15 underage girls.

Kline was charged with 30 felonies in 2020 in the case.

The documents, filed in 2020 and heavily redacted, do not mention the Libby and Abby murders and he has not been accused of involvement in their deaths.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.