Nintendo’s financial report for fiscal year 2021 has been released, and alongside the 108 million Switch units sold is the updated list of the best-selling Nintendo Switch games. The list may be “up to date”, but it looks very familiar.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe retains its championship as the best-selling Switch game of all time, moving 9.9 million units in 2021 to its lifetime sales of 45.33 million. Animal Crossing: New Horizons remains the second best seller with 38.64 million lifetime units, while Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is third with 28.17 million.
The full updated list of the top 10 best-selling Nintendo Switch games is below:
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 45.33 million
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 38.64 million
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 28.17 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 26.55 million
- Pokémon Sword/Pokémon Shield – 24.27 million
- Super Mario Odyssey – 23.5 million
- Super Mario Party – 17.78 million
- Pokémon Shiny Diamond/Pokémon Shiny Pearl – 14.65 million
- Pokémon Let’s Go Pikachu/Pokémon Let’s Go Eevee – 14.53 million
- Ring Fit Adventure – 14.09 million
Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl is the only 2021 release to crack the top ten, selling 14.65 million units since its November release, enough to make it the best-selling Switch game of 2021. Pokemon Legends : Arceus just missed the list, selling 12.65 million units between its release on January 28 and the end of the fiscal year on March 31.
2022 is already shaping up to be another strong year for Switch software sales, with Kirby and the Forgotten Land showing 2.1 million units sold in the six days between its release on March 25 and the fiscal year end on March 31. March.