To update [Wed 18th May, 2022 02:45 BST]: The Pokémon HOME update version 2.0.0 is now officially available on Nintendo Switch. At the moment, the servers are still under maintenance, so you may not be able to access the app.
Original article [Tue 17th May, 2022 03:00 BST]: Late last week, The Pokémon Company and Nintendo announced that the Pokémon HOME cloud storage service would finally receive an update to make it compatible with the newest entries in the Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl series and Pokémon Legends: Arceus.
While no exact date was shared, it looks like we’ll be getting this early update. May 18 (UTC time). As Serebii.net highlights, this update will bring the app to version 2.0.0 and add connectivity for the two newest games.
“Pokémon HOME has been confirmed to undergo maintenance tomorrow, May 18, from 00:00 UTC to 06:00 UTC on May 18. This maintenance coincides with the release of version 2.0 on Switch and Mobile, which includes connectivity and features for Pokémon Brilliant, Diamond & Shining Pearl, and Pokémon Legends Arceus. Will run with staggered logins to ease server load until 01:00 UTC on May 19, 2022.”
In case you missed the original announcement, here are some details on how to transfer Pokémon from these games to HOME:
link to Pokemon Shiny Diamond Y Shiny Pearl Pokémon
Players can check the status of deposited Pokémon from Pokemon Shiny Diamond Y Shiny Pearl Pokémon to Pokémon HOME, as well as its other details.
Be careful of the following when connecting Pokemon Shiny Diamond Y Shiny Pearl Pokémon to Pokémon HOME.
– Special Pokémon that can only be caught once during normal play can only be deposited once per save data in Pokémon HOME.
– Some Pokémon, such as those obtained through unwanted means or illicit modification, cannot be deposited into Pokémon HOME.
– If there is any other problem with the Pokémon, it cannot be deposited in Pokémon HOME.
link to Pokémon Legends: Arceus
You can see the effort levels of deposited Pokémon from Pokémon Legends: Arceus to Pokémon HOME, as well as its other details.
– The objective of Pokémon Legends: Arceus is to help compile the first Pokédex in the Hisui region. As such, the national Pokédex in Pokémon HOME will update its Pokédex entries based on the completion of the Pokédex in its Pokémon Legends: Arceus Save data.
– If a Pokédex entry in Pokémon Legends: Arceus is incomplete, you will not be able to see that Pokémon’s entry in Pokémon HOME.
Additional achievements and stickers
Players can earn stickers by completing achievements by meeting certain conditions in the mobile version of Pokémon HOME. New achievements and stickers based on Pokémon Legends: Arceus, Pokemon Shiny DiamondY Shiny Pearl Pokémon it will be added from version 2.0.0 onwards.
There will also be new mystery gifts to unlock if you transfer your Pokémon from the new games. You can learn more about this incoming update in our previous post, and we’ll let you know the date when the new version of HOME is available.
Are you waiting for this update? Leave a comment below.