Police Release Disturbing 911 Call From Woman Later Found Dead As Investigation Of Possible Serial Killer Continues: ‘There’s Someone After Me’

Police have released the full audio of a 2010 911 call in which a woman, insisting people are trying to kill her, runs for her life before disappearing.

His remains were found a year later, but the full audio is being made public for the first time. The search for his remains led police to the bodies of 10 other people believed to be victims of a serial killer.

Shannan Gilbert was 24 years old when she disappeared in 2010. Just before she went missing, she made a 911 call alerting authorities to her fears someone was threatening her.

During the call, Ms. Gilbert sounds disoriented and repeatedly tells the 911 operator that “someone is after me.”

When asked where she is, Ms. Gilbert says she doesn’t know and asks if 911 can trace her call. The operator tells her they can’t and asks for a callback number, to which she hesitates and again says “someone is after me. Please.”

Later in the call it is revealed that Mrs. Gilbert is somewhere on Long Island in New York.

Finally, Mrs. Gilbert begins to argue with a male voice that police believe was a driver trying to persuade her to get back into a car. She refers to the man by the name of Mike. The driver can be heard saying “it’s time to go” as Mrs. Gilbert pleads with him to “stop”.

Ms. Gilbert was working as a sex worker at the time of her disappearance and investigators believe she was on her way to a client’s home at the time of the incident.

At some point her screams become more fearful as she repeats “please” over and over and asks the male voice “what are you going to do to me?”

The discussion continues, with Mrs. Gilbert asking at one point if the male voice is “going to kill her”.

He later asks if the situation was “prepared”, although it is unclear what he means.

Throughout the call, the 911 operator can be heard quietly explaining Ms. Gilbert’s situation, presumably to the police. When the operator tries to get Mrs. Gilbert’s attention again, she replies “please get me out of here, ma’am.”

His attention then turns back to the man, accusing him of being “a part of this all along”. Again, it is not clear what “this” refers to.

When the 911 operator finally gets Ms. Gilbert to answer, she states that “these people are plotting to kill me”, to which the male voice replies “shut up”.

The line goes silent for several minutes as the 911 operator repeatedly asks Ms. Gilbert for more information. The silence on the line is abruptly broken when Mrs. Gilbert starts screaming.

After several screams, it appears that Mrs. Gilbert is running, the slapping of frantic footsteps the only thing audible in the call. After running more, it seems that Mrs. Gilbert tries to knock on the doors of the nearby houses.

For the next few minutes there is more racing, and Mrs. Gilbert can be heard panting into the phone. The 911 operators continue to try to get her attention, but she doesn’t respond. They theorized that she may have put the phone in her pocket when she started running.

The call ends after Mrs. Gilbert apparently gets in touch with someone, though it’s unclear what happens next.

The same night, two other 911 callers reported seeing Ms. Gilbert running down the street. The two men Gilbert was with that night told police they thought she was having a paranoid episode and described her hiding behind her couch and running away from her. One of the men tried to catch up with her in her car, but she reportedly lost sight of her and drove to her house.

Both men cooperated with investigators and police ruled them out as possible suspects in Ms. Gilbert’s disappearance.

Later in 2010, while searching for Ms. Gilbert, police found four sets of remains that had been wrapped in burlap sacks at the same location where she had disappeared. All the women were identified as missing sex workers. Police then found six more sets of remains, which they believe to be the victims of the same killer.

Ms. Gilbert’s skeletal remains were located more than a year later in a swamp eight miles from Gilgo Beach.

Police ruled out murder at the time of his discovery, theorizing that he may have been under the influence and ran into the swamp, where he died of hypothermia or drowning.

However, his family demanded an independent autopsy, which found his death consistent with homicide.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.