Publisher Rainy Frog has announced that the side-scrolling action RPG Sword of the Vagrant is coming to Switch this coming June. Originally released on Steam in 2018 under the title the Wandererthe Switch release marks a slight name change for the title developed by OTK Games.
Here’s a breakdown of the original game from its Steam page:
Travel to a beautiful, hand-painted fantasy world known as Mythrilia and discover the truth about your lineage and its darkest secret. She plays Vivian the Vagrant, a traveling mercenary who follows the investigation of her missing father in an effort to reunite with her family. She cuts and cuts her way from a sleepy seaside town through mysterious forests, haunted castles, and destroyed battlefields. When the endless barrage of enemies has been vanquished, what consolation will be left for our hero?
the Wanderer is a 2D action RPG. As Vivian, you’ll experience an exciting and challenging adventure focused on combat gameplay that utilizes combo chains, charge attacks, and special abilities, all while enhancing your character build through new equipment and abilities. Play casually or become a master fighter.
– Hand-painted characters, traditionally animated.
– Tough and flawless action combat.
– More than 70 deadly and dangerous monsters and beasts.
– Six massive level sets, all beautifully hand-painted.
– Multiple weapons, armor and accessories to loot, buy and discover.
– A large-scale skill set to enhance character building for intense and immersive gameplay.
– Craft and enchant your gear to improve your combat performance.
– Use various offensive skills to destroy your enemy. Evolve skills with elemental enchantments.
– Multiple endings to make your adventure even more unpredictable.
– More than 10 challenging Boss monsters with intuitive AI and battle mechanics. C challenging even for the most advanced players.
– Monsterpedia that allows you to collect data on monsters as you defeat them.
– Fast travel to previously visited areas to re-challenge or grind.
– Exciting and emotionally driven musical score by Gabe Castro.
– Development of a rich and intriguing story.
– Four difficulties ranging from casual games to intense fights, each with full gaming experiences.
The price of the game, along with its exact release date, has yet to be announced, but we’ll update this page with more details in due course.
Are you ready for more action RPGs on Switch? Take a listen in the comments below and let us know your thoughts.